Accounting Manager (Manufacturing Plant)
World Bioproducts, LLC is seeking a detail-oriented Accounting Manager to work within its manufacturing facility in Libertyville, IL. This position will report directly to the company's Corporate Controller. The primary responsibilities for this position entail cost accounting, inventory management and control, purchasing for materials and equipment used within the production facility, accounts payable associated with plant purchases, and assisting with payroll.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Direct cost accounting processes, practices, and policies to promote timely, accurate, and reliable financial results in alignment with GAAP, company policies, and other federal, state, and local requirements
2. Add new production items to the NAV cost accounting system for proper tracking and accounting.
3. Work with Controller to develop Bill of Materials and routings in NAV .
4. Oversee and participate in daily inventory counting, reconciliation and revaluation processes.
5. Be responsible for inventory management including but not limited to the annual physical count, off cycle counts, and inventory adjustment transactions.
6. Ensure that manufacturing lots are posted in a timely manner, including scrap and QC.
7. Ensure that item standard costs are reflected correctly in NAV; analyze price variances, GL account variances, and update raw materials.
9. Work with the internal purchasing group, post all Return to Vendor inventory adjustments. Update and maintain working spreadsheets for Credits Due from Vendors. Review and reconcile with purchasing group monthly.
10. Work with the manufacturing team to improve processes and procedures to ensure material usage and movement are correctly reflected in our database.
11. Support the AP function by reviewing posted AP invoices, FedEx freight invoices, and validating received items have been posted to NAV on a timely basis.
12. Assist corporate payroll manager with preparation of timesheets and other materials to process payroll on a timely basis for facility-based employees.
13. Ensure that team members are cross trained in all aspects of production and inventory accounting as your backup.
14. Perform other reconciliations or duties as assigned by the Controller.
Our hiring standards are high, yet our company culture is welcoming. If you are looking for a career where there is opportunity for growth, where you can enjoy a healthy work-life balance, and what you value most is doing stellar work in a thoughtful and disciplined environment, please join us!
World Bioproducts, LLC
Libertyville, IL, USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Compensation: $60,000 to $75,000 per year
World Bioproducts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We fully embrace the reality that a diverse, inclusive culture is the key to long-term business success. If you are interested in joining our group, please apply! We look forward to meeting you.
What We Do
World Bioproducts is dedicated to protecting and enhancing public health—in the U.S. and abroad—by making revolutionary, high-quality products to ensure the safety of the world’s food supply. With decades of experience, we remain a leader in food safety by providing innovative microbiology sampling products and ideas to the global food industry.